Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my exercise ring on my watch is not moving

My watch is only 2 years old. Is anyone else having this problem? The other 2 rings are fine.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 9:35 AM

Check your personal details are correct in your health app profile.

Make sure the watch band is snug but not too tight.

Don't wear the watch on top of any tattoos.(Very important)

Check that the 2 side buttons aren't being accidently pressed by your hand or a sleeve

On your iPhone, go to Settings, then tap on Privacy and then select Location Services option and ensure that it is enabled.

On the Location Services section, tap on System Services and then toggle the Motion Calibration & Distance option to enable it.

Then go back to the Home Screen of your iPhone and launch the Watch app.

Then,tap on My Watch option, then tap on Privacy and toggle the Heart Rate option to enable it.

Go back to My Watch section, then tap on Passcode, and toggle the Wrist Detection option to enable it.

Finally, go back to My Watch section, then tap on Workout, and make sure Power Saving mode is disabled. If enabled,turn it off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2023 9:35 AM in response to elizabethfrombrandon

Check your personal details are correct in your health app profile.

Make sure the watch band is snug but not too tight.

Don't wear the watch on top of any tattoos.(Very important)

Check that the 2 side buttons aren't being accidently pressed by your hand or a sleeve

On your iPhone, go to Settings, then tap on Privacy and then select Location Services option and ensure that it is enabled.

On the Location Services section, tap on System Services and then toggle the Motion Calibration & Distance option to enable it.

Then go back to the Home Screen of your iPhone and launch the Watch app.

Then,tap on My Watch option, then tap on Privacy and toggle the Heart Rate option to enable it.

Go back to My Watch section, then tap on Passcode, and toggle the Wrist Detection option to enable it.

Finally, go back to My Watch section, then tap on Workout, and make sure Power Saving mode is disabled. If enabled,turn it off.

my exercise ring on my watch is not moving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.