Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad air

How can I watch YouTube on my ipad air? When I try to download YouTube it says I need IOS14 but it won't update to that.

I'm really hoping that downloading the app isn't impossible because if so that is pathetic and makes this product basically unusable for my needs. This is my first time buying an apple product and will definitely be my last if this is what they do with their tech.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 11:24 AM

If your iPad Air first generation cannot upgrade further than iOS 12, you cannot use the YouTube app, your iPad is too old to run modern day apps. If you want to watch YouTube, you can go to YouTube in the browser, it is the only way for this iPad, I am sorry.

If you only bought this iPad a few months ago, you've bought a very old iPad, the iPad Air 1 is 10 years old

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2023 11:24 AM in response to murali120

If your iPad Air first generation cannot upgrade further than iOS 12, you cannot use the YouTube app, your iPad is too old to run modern day apps. If you want to watch YouTube, you can go to YouTube in the browser, it is the only way for this iPad, I am sorry.

If you only bought this iPad a few months ago, you've bought a very old iPad, the iPad Air 1 is 10 years old

Ipad air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.