Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop open windows maximizing sometimes when select

Hi,

On Monterey 12.6.2. Occasionally (for reasons I can't correlate), when I switch between two or more open windows, the selected window expands to the full size of the screen. I tend to click somewhere on the title bar a bit to the left of the 3 dots in the left corner when I select a window. It doesn't happen all the time, and I can't reproduce it on demand. I haven't found a way to undo this except to grab the window corner and re-size it. Is there a way to 'turn off' this behavior?

In this case I care about, I have three windows open in Pro Tools - Mix / Edit / MIDI Editor. I tile the windows slightly so that I can always click in the upper left corner to select between them, but whatever window is open gets most of the full screen. To make matters worse, the KVM I have has a behavior of switching screens when you mouse up and down on the right side of the screen (e.g. in the place where the scroll bar ends up when a window is full screen), so my tiling makes the windows a little short of the right side of the screen. The auto maximizing makes me have to play around with the size and the position to get thing back how I had them.

Mac Studio, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 5:48 PM

You can set a window to zoom when you double-click the title bar. Maybe you are accidentally double-clicking.

Similar questions

2 replies

How to stop open windows maximizing sometimes when select

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.