Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I access my Apple TV through Firestick. It won’t play correctly and loses sound. Resolutions??

Why is my Apple TV not playing correctly through Firestick?

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 12:07 AM

[The Apple TV app on Fire TV] won’t play correctly and loses sound.

In what way doesn’t it play correctly, other than losing audio?

The Apple TV app is supposed to use the audio settings as set for the device. When the device settings are set for e.g. “Dolby Digital 5.1”, then that is what the Apple TV app will use. In that case, be sure to have an audio system that supports 5.1 audio. Else try a setting for Stereo audio.

Check for Mute/Unmute.

• Try resetting the Apple TV app. Then sign in again, and try playback once more.
  • Else try deleting and re-installing the Apple TV app.
  • Try restarting the Fire TV device.
  • Try updating the Fire TV system software, if a newer version is available.
  • Verify that apps are set to update automatically.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 12:07 AM in response to Daytime52

[The Apple TV app on Fire TV] won’t play correctly and loses sound.

In what way doesn’t it play correctly, other than losing audio?

The Apple TV app is supposed to use the audio settings as set for the device. When the device settings are set for e.g. “Dolby Digital 5.1”, then that is what the Apple TV app will use. In that case, be sure to have an audio system that supports 5.1 audio. Else try a setting for Stereo audio.

Check for Mute/Unmute.

• Try resetting the Apple TV app. Then sign in again, and try playback once more.
  • Else try deleting and re-installing the Apple TV app.
  • Try restarting the Fire TV device.
  • Try updating the Fire TV system software, if a newer version is available.
  • Verify that apps are set to update automatically.

I access my Apple TV through Firestick. It won’t play correctly and loses sound. Resolutions??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.