Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 phones 1 apple ID

So i have 2 phones and had the same apple ID on both so the photos were synced on both phones, but i changed the ID on one of them and if i delete the photos from my icloud storage on the newly changed Apple ID will it effect the 2nd phone with the original apple ID

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 9:13 AM

Since the new phone is signed into the new Apple ID when you delete the photos from the old account on it, it will only delete them on the new ID and on anything signed in with that new ID. Since the old phone is still using the old ID, once you sign in on the new phone with the new ID the two devices are no longer connected.

Let's say you have both phones signed into ID#1. You then sign into phone#2 with ID#2. You could have a photo from the ID #1 that you choose to have remain on phone #2 when you sign in with ID# 2 on phone #2. Since iPhone #1 is signed in with ID #1 and iPhone #2 is now signed in with ID #2, the two are not connected. If you delete a photo on phone #2 left over from when it was signed into ID#2, it will only be deleted from ID#2. Since iPhone #1 is using ID#1, the photo will remain on that phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 9:13 AM in response to Eazy_eee

Since the new phone is signed into the new Apple ID when you delete the photos from the old account on it, it will only delete them on the new ID and on anything signed in with that new ID. Since the old phone is still using the old ID, once you sign in on the new phone with the new ID the two devices are no longer connected.

Let's say you have both phones signed into ID#1. You then sign into phone#2 with ID#2. You could have a photo from the ID #1 that you choose to have remain on phone #2 when you sign in with ID# 2 on phone #2. Since iPhone #1 is signed in with ID #1 and iPhone #2 is now signed in with ID #2, the two are not connected. If you delete a photo on phone #2 left over from when it was signed into ID#2, it will only be deleted from ID#2. Since iPhone #1 is using ID#1, the photo will remain on that phone.

2 phones 1 apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.