Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want a Apple ID refund

I want a refund from my Apple ID account

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 2:13 AM

Hi there,

See this instructions on how to request a refund. Keep in mind that you cannot request a refund from your Apple ID balance

1. Sign in to reportaproblem.apple.com.
  2. Tap or click "I'd like to," then choose "Request a refund." 
  3. Choose the reason why you want a refund, then choose Next.
  4. Choose the app, subscription, or other item, then choose Submit. If you were charged for a subscription that you no longer want, you can also cancel the subscription.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 2:13 AM in response to veselin209

Hi there,

See this instructions on how to request a refund. Keep in mind that you cannot request a refund from your Apple ID balance

1. Sign in to reportaproblem.apple.com.
  2. Tap or click "I'd like to," then choose "Request a refund." 
  3. Choose the reason why you want a refund, then choose Next.
  4. Choose the app, subscription, or other item, then choose Submit. If you were charged for a subscription that you no longer want, you can also cancel the subscription.

Jan 19, 2023 9:00 AM in response to veselin209

Hello,

Since you do not mention a specific item I am assuming you mean a refund of your Apple Account balance (as in: "Please note that your Apple ID Balance is now your Apple Account Balance." - Payment, Financing, Refunds and VAT - Shopping Help - Apple)

Normally once funds are in Apple Account balance the only way to get them out again is to spend them.

From: Check your Apple ID balance - Check your Apple Account balance - Apple Support -->

"About unused Apple ID balance

You can't redeem or return Apple Gift Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, or unused Apple ID balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows for refund of redeemed gift balances, you can contact Apple Support."

The above excerpt only mentions gift card balances as being eligible for refunding, and only in limited places where laws may require that. Read the document for more details.

Jan 23, 2023 7:21 PM in response to veselin209

I am sorry veselin but the statement that you were recommended which is that you cannot ask for a refund is factually incorrect the way it is stated in the first post. You can ask for a refund but only if your account balance is from a gift card and you live in a place where laws require companies to refund gift card balances. Read Apple's own document about this and it is clearly stated there.

I want a Apple ID refund

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.