Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not making sound when I get messages when I have my watch on

How can I get my iPhone to sound for texts when I have my watch series 7 on?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 6:19 AM

This is the way that Apple designed notifications to work when a watch is being worn.

The only way to undo it is to shut off "Wrist Detection" but then you'll lose a bunch of features and your watch will NOT be secure.

This design is not a "one size fits all" feature. You'll need to fill out and submit this form requesting that they give users a toggle setting.

Feedback - Watch - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 6:19 AM in response to gkdono

This is the way that Apple designed notifications to work when a watch is being worn.

The only way to undo it is to shut off "Wrist Detection" but then you'll lose a bunch of features and your watch will NOT be secure.

This design is not a "one size fits all" feature. You'll need to fill out and submit this form requesting that they give users a toggle setting.

Feedback - Watch - Apple

Jan 19, 2023 7:55 AM in response to gkdono

While we wait for the ability to toggle the notifications, try checking this setting:

From your phone, go into your My Watch app. Then click on Sounds & Haptics.

In the "Haptics" category, there's a toggle for turning on and off Haptic Alerts (I'm sure that it's already on). Right below that toggle you have a choice between "Default" and "Prominent". Throw a checkmark on Prominent if it isn't already checked.

Past that, that's all we can do while we wait.

iPhone not making sound when I get messages when I have my watch on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.