Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification required for non existing Orange e mail account

Every time i get a new I phone i have a problem verifying an old e-mail account that i used to purchase music. The e mail was with Orange and they have not been active for like 15 years!.

How come this keeps popping up for a verification while this company does not exist anymore.

Apparently ........there still seems to be an existing link with I tunes.

If anyone can , Please help me get rid of this extreme annoying situation.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Gabriel

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 1:35 PM

Hi Bryan,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I really wish that it was helpful, but unfortunately.... alas. Like I said in my initial posting , the problem is that this account does not exist anymore. Orange disappeared as a provider in the Netherlands in 2007 when it was taken over by T- Mobile which is Deutsche Telecom. It was used by me to purchase songs from I tunes back in the day. When it stopped as Orange , we created a new Apple Id that we use to this day. I have looked at my Apple Id account and also in my I tunes account but there is absolutely no reference to an Orange account and there is also no field in which the @orange e mail is displayed. I therefore cannot change the ID because there is no place that I can see the e-mail address to change it from @orange to @mac.com (which exists and which I have been using for I guess 15 years.

How this glitch has occurred and can exist is mind blowing. You would think that when the account is closed , everything connected to the account ought to be deleted...............

The only time I see the "@orange " is when I am required to verify my account. I then click on the option Decline

and that gets it away again . I even thought once that I had the correct password :-) after more than 15 years ! to be told that the account does not exist any more....... LOL !!!

Kind regards,

Gabriel

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 1:35 PM in response to Bryan_K1

Hi Bryan,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I really wish that it was helpful, but unfortunately.... alas. Like I said in my initial posting , the problem is that this account does not exist anymore. Orange disappeared as a provider in the Netherlands in 2007 when it was taken over by T- Mobile which is Deutsche Telecom. It was used by me to purchase songs from I tunes back in the day. When it stopped as Orange , we created a new Apple Id that we use to this day. I have looked at my Apple Id account and also in my I tunes account but there is absolutely no reference to an Orange account and there is also no field in which the @orange e mail is displayed. I therefore cannot change the ID because there is no place that I can see the e-mail address to change it from @orange to @mac.com (which exists and which I have been using for I guess 15 years.

How this glitch has occurred and can exist is mind blowing. You would think that when the account is closed , everything connected to the account ought to be deleted...............

The only time I see the "@orange " is when I am required to verify my account. I then click on the option Decline

and that gets it away again . I even thought once that I had the correct password :-) after more than 15 years ! to be told that the account does not exist any more....... LOL !!!

Kind regards,

Gabriel

Jan 21, 2023 11:31 AM in response to 1954Gabriel

Hello 1954Gabriel,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

If you're being prompted to login to an old account to authorize your device, this would indicate that this was a previous Apple ID that was used to make your purchases.

There isn't a way to prevent this from happening, as you need to authorize your device to use your purchased content. If you want to change the email address that's associated with that account, you can do so using these steps: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Hope this helps!

Jan 22, 2023 7:52 AM in response to 1954Gabriel

1954Gabriel,

You made reference a couple times to the email address not existing any longer. That may be true, but that doesn’t mean an Apple ID account doesn’t exist, unless you previously had requested for it to be deleted or removed that email address from the Apple ID account. Can you clarify a bit more about which of those is correct? 

From your description, it sounds like you have two separate Apple IDs, and any prompts to enter the password for the @orange account could be related to apps or content purchased using that older Apple ID. Do you still have the password for the @orange Apple ID? Note, the Apple ID password could be different from any passwords you used with the email address. If you don't have the password, you may need to reset it: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Thanks. 

Verification required for non existing Orange e mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.