Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 13 doesn’t turn on?

My iPhone 13 in not turning on? I used it few hours ago and plugged it in and when I woke up to use it it’s black screen. The hard resets won’t work.

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 5:49 AM

If you're sure you used (to no avail) these correct gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

If the issue persists, it might be a hardware (battery? screen? other internal component?) failure but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 5:49 AM in response to sandik721

If you're sure you used (to no avail) these correct gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

If the issue persists, it might be a hardware (battery? screen? other internal component?) failure but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

My iPhone 13 doesn’t turn on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.