Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying Update message on settings

There is a permanent 1 marked on the Settings app on our newish iMac which is running Ventura. When we click on Settings there is a message to the effect that 'Your Apple ID needs updating' but when we try to do this supposed update and enter Apple ID password it won't accept it. My husband has changed his Apple ID several times because of this but it makes no difference. He has tried logging out of his Apple ID and then logging back in again but it doesn't have any effect. Is this some sort of 'blip' with Ventura? Is there anything we can do to get rid of it, it's really annoying.

Welshwhizz

iMac 24″, 13.1

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 6:44 AM

Just updated from 13.1 to Ventura 13.2 this morning Tuesday Jan 24, 2022 on 2 Apple M- Class computers

The same " update my account to continue to use iCloud " reappeared as did a secondary alert related to " New Term and Condition of iCloud. "

Used my Computer Password and presto, both disappeared there after and not returning

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 6:44 AM in response to welshwhizz

Just updated from 13.1 to Ventura 13.2 this morning Tuesday Jan 24, 2022 on 2 Apple M- Class computers

The same " update my account to continue to use iCloud " reappeared as did a secondary alert related to " New Term and Condition of iCloud. "

Used my Computer Password and presto, both disappeared there after and not returning

Jan 21, 2023 12:33 PM in response to welshwhizz

Hello welshwhizz,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. To see if you can update the Apple ID in System Settings, we suggest to restart your Mac in safe mode. This helps to verify the startup disk, delete some system caches and more. Once you're in safe mode, let's see if you can update the Apple ID account. Then you can restart the Mac as normal and see if that helps remove the notification you're seeing. If needed, here's how to restart a Mac in safe mode:

Start up your Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.
Wait for your Mac to shut down completely. A Mac is completely shut down when the screen is black and any lights (including in the Touch Bar) are off.

2. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until “Loading startup options” appears.
3. Select a volume.
4. Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.
The computer restarts automatically. When the login window appears, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

Start up your Intel-based Mac in safe mode
1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window.
2. Log in to your Mac.
3. You might be asked to log in again.
On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

These steps are outlined in this helpful article: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Feb 4, 2023 2:10 PM in response to cloud rider

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install.  For Best results use Safari to commence the download as Others may not work.

Safari will open a redirect and open the Apple Store where the download can commence.

Computer Qualifying for macOS 13 Ventura 

Computer Qualify for the Monterey upgrade

macOS Big Sur 11 hardware requirements

Feb 6, 2023 7:35 AM in response to cloud rider

Has the User added a New Device to the mix of Computer, iPhones or iPads they use ?

This pertains to the iCloud Aspect Only.

I added a new M2 MBA on Friday past running Ventura like the other 2 Computers and 1 iPhone running iOS 16.3.

The annoying iCloud Alert was presented on all other devices.

As for Apple Store issue

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

Added

If the user whats the latest and greatest versions of macOS  all is not lost.

Explore the Apple Trade-In  Process where the Value of the exiting device could be used against the cost of a new Apple Computer, iPhone or iPad  

Or Shop Refurbished Apple computers at an Apple Reduced Cost

Have used both previously and have been satisfied each time.

Actually, just finished trading in Old M1 MBA for the new M2 MBA and receive a few $$ against the cost of the 512 GB SSD / 16 GB RAM machine and it flys

Jan 23, 2023 4:52 AM in response to welshwhizz

Yup received 1 of these on Saturday or Sunday regarding " update my account to continue to use iCloud. "

Out of the Blue and for no real reasons AFAIK.

In my specific case - it did not required the Apple ID Password but rather the Computer Password

To be honest, I first input my Apple ID Password and was presented with the No Go type of error.

Then realized that was not the issue but computer password and presto - no more issues.

Feb 6, 2023 7:24 AM in response to PRP_53

OK, I understand this. It says I have a Late 2013 iOS on one of my iMac's. I have downloaded the latest Catalina software upgrade, or at least it says I'm up to date. Does this mean I'll just have to live with the annoying request for now?

I also have a note that there is an update in the App Store, however I can't get it to open up. The search window remains blank. No access to the App Store, latest upgrade possible, looks like it's going the way of my iPad mini.

:-(

Annoying Update message on settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.