Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i update my apple ipod device to ios 15

How do i update my ipod to ios 15

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 8:33 AM

No. Unless you have a 7th Generation iPod touch, you cannot update past iOS 12.5.6.

What issue didn't you have before?

Your other iPod likely supported updating to the iOS versions that were available then, nothing strange about that, at some point even that model would have been unable to update any further. Or this current iPod is somehow an older model than the one you had before and cannot update anymore.

6th Generation iPod touches can't update past iOS 12.5.6. It is the last iOS version the support. They lack the hardware for anything newer.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 8:33 AM in response to rivky33

No. Unless you have a 7th Generation iPod touch, you cannot update past iOS 12.5.6.

What issue didn't you have before?

Your other iPod likely supported updating to the iOS versions that were available then, nothing strange about that, at some point even that model would have been unable to update any further. Or this current iPod is somehow an older model than the one you had before and cannot update anymore.

6th Generation iPod touches can't update past iOS 12.5.6. It is the last iOS version the support. They lack the hardware for anything newer.

Jan 20, 2023 5:30 AM in response to rivky33

Rivky is correct. The new version of Instagram requires a newer version of iOS to work. However, If you are using the same Apple ID on the new iPod as on the old one, you may be able to get a compatible version of Instagram on the new one, by downloading it from your Purchase history.

It should detect the incompatible iOS version and offer to download a compatible Instagram version for iOS 12, if one is still available.

click here for details ➜ Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

How do i update my apple ipod device to ios 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.