Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to add my phone number to imessage on mac but it wont let me

I am unable to add my phone number on imessage on my mac, it only has my email selected and would like to text off my mac with my phone number not my email

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 3:45 PM

Turn your phone number on or off for your Mac

After you set up your phone number, you can turn it on or off for Messages and FaceTime on your Mac.

1. Open Messages or FaceTime. If asked, sign in with the Apple ID that you're using with Messages and FaceTime on your iPhone.
  2. For Messages, choose Messages > Settings, then click iMessage. For FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click General.
  3. Turn your phone number on or off:
  1. If you want recipients to see your phone number and not your Apple ID, select your phone number from the “Start new conversations from” or ”Start new calls from” pop-up menu.

From the article Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Note : prefer to add mail address using messages in Mac .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 3:45 PM in response to feliciamarie0098

Turn your phone number on or off for your Mac

After you set up your phone number, you can turn it on or off for Messages and FaceTime on your Mac.

1. Open Messages or FaceTime. If asked, sign in with the Apple ID that you're using with Messages and FaceTime on your iPhone.
  2. For Messages, choose Messages > Settings, then click iMessage. For FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click General.
  3. Turn your phone number on or off:
  1. If you want recipients to see your phone number and not your Apple ID, select your phone number from the “Start new conversations from” or ”Start new calls from” pop-up menu.

From the article Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Note : prefer to add mail address using messages in Mac .

I would like to add my phone number to imessage on mac but it wont let me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.