You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn’t my iPad going into full-frame anymore?

At first my iPad was allowing for me to split my screen, but on yesterday it stopped working. My apps aren’t going into full screen unless I expand it, is there a solution to this problem?

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 2:36 PM

1 reply

Jan 22, 2023 8:06 AM in response to KenWhite2

Hello KenWhite2,

To help us better assist you, can you let us know if this is happening with all apps, or only certain ones?

If it's happening with specific apps, please check out this link, which has some information that may help: Zoom an app to fill the screen on iPad

Zoom an app to fill the screen on iPad

Most apps for iPhone and iPod touch can be used with iPad, but they might not take advantage of the large screen. In this case, tap the UI Classic Zoom Expand button to zoom in on the app. Tap the UI Classic Zoom Shrink button to return to the original size.

Check the App Store to see if there’s a version of the app that’s optimized for iPad, or a universal version that’s optimized for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

For more information on managing apps when multitasking, please check out the details here, which may be helpful as well: Use multitasking on your iPad

"Make adjustments to multitasking windows

When you have multiple apps open, you can make adjustments to customize your multitasking experience.

Adjust Split View

• To adjust the apps' sizes, drag the app divider to the left or right. To give the apps equal space, drag the app divider to the center of the screen.
  • To turn a Split View app into a Slide Over app, tap the Multitasking button , then tap the Slide Over button . Or you can touch and hold the Multitasking button, then drag the app onto the other app.
  • To close Split View, tap the Multitasking button  in the app that you want to keep, then tap the full screen button . Or you can drag the app divider over the app that you want to close.
  • To replace an app, swipe down from the top of the app, then choose another app from your Home Screen or Dock."

Thanks!

Why isn’t my iPad going into full-frame anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.