Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn all Apps’ notifications temporarily off in iPhone 14 Pro?

I have some 60+- Apps with notifications on. Each with a different type of setting and, at times, I change the Apps I get notifications and their settings as well. I work with Videos and music audio while I like, at random hours of the day, temporarily shut ALL Notifications off quickly. I used to be able to turn them all off by just going to Settings/Notifications and turning Allow Notifications to off which is no longer available. I tried Show Previews to Off, but Notifications still appear on top of my screen. It appears I can no longer shut all Notifications off in iPhone 14 Pro (iOS 16.2) without going to each App at a time, every time I need to turn them off. I read that I now need to go to Focus and then turn (?) Do Not Disturb on. But how do I turn Do Not Disturb on to all Apps without having to go to Apps>Silence Notifications From and selecting all my current Apps, one at a time? I need Notifications off at random hours of the day, so scheduling does not help. I appreciate your time reading this and trying to help me. Is there a quick way to silence all notifications in a flash?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 5:27 AM

You don't turn on Do Not Disturb from within that area of Settings.. those are just configurations.

You could set a schedule for when Do Not Disturb is on, but it sounded to me like when you want to use it is random?

To turn it on, get out of Settings, just go to your Home Screen. Swipe downward from the upper right part of your screen to access Control Center

Access Control Center on your iPhone - Apple Support

Then in Control Center, select Focus... which will bring up additional options.. Select Do Not Disturb, it will then highlight and show 'On'

Repeat the process to turn if off

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 5:27 AM in response to KerrBr

You don't turn on Do Not Disturb from within that area of Settings.. those are just configurations.

You could set a schedule for when Do Not Disturb is on, but it sounded to me like when you want to use it is random?

To turn it on, get out of Settings, just go to your Home Screen. Swipe downward from the upper right part of your screen to access Control Center

Access Control Center on your iPhone - Apple Support

Then in Control Center, select Focus... which will bring up additional options.. Select Do Not Disturb, it will then highlight and show 'On'

Repeat the process to turn if off

Jan 19, 2023 10:57 PM in response to Chris0107

Thank you, Chris, for your prompt reply!

Just one more thing: I do not see a toggle to turn Do Not Disturb on. By selecting Allow Notifications From, will It automatically turn Do Not Disturb on? (strange, it is already set to that option you recommend even thou I get Notifications). Is there a place I need to turn Do Not Disturb on?

Jan 20, 2023 11:28 AM in response to Chris0107

Oh, THANK YOU, Chris! Man, so easy yet so hard to find the answer. Hahaha

i swear, I searched help all over Online, and all the answers point at going to Focus etc etc, yet I could find no straight answers to turn Do not Disturb on at Control center Focus. I am glad I posted here and you answered

thank you again!

How do I turn all Apps’ notifications temporarily off in iPhone 14 Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.