Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos using most of storage

If I delete the photos on my ipad mini2 will my photos on my phone and cloud also be erased?

Need more space.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 9:59 PM

Are both your iPhone and the iPad mini syncing with iCloud Photos? If yes, you must not delete any photo on any of the two device, that you want to keep. Any photo you delete will be deleted from both devices and iCloud as well. iCloud Photos is a syncing service and keeping the photos library across your devices identical. iCloud Photosyou will always see the same photos in iCloud and on the synced devices. To save storage on your iPad mini enable "Optimize iPad Storage" in the Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos. Then iCloud will remove temporarily high resolution originals from your iPhone or iPad and replace them by smaller, optimized versions, if more free storage is needed. But do not delete photos on your own. With iCloud Photos and optimize storage enabled, there should always be free storage available, if needed. It is fully automatic. Photos will remove photos you have not used in a long time and try to keep the recently used photos ready for viewing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 9:59 PM in response to minicrackedup

Are both your iPhone and the iPad mini syncing with iCloud Photos? If yes, you must not delete any photo on any of the two device, that you want to keep. Any photo you delete will be deleted from both devices and iCloud as well. iCloud Photos is a syncing service and keeping the photos library across your devices identical. iCloud Photosyou will always see the same photos in iCloud and on the synced devices. To save storage on your iPad mini enable "Optimize iPad Storage" in the Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos. Then iCloud will remove temporarily high resolution originals from your iPhone or iPad and replace them by smaller, optimized versions, if more free storage is needed. But do not delete photos on your own. With iCloud Photos and optimize storage enabled, there should always be free storage available, if needed. It is fully automatic. Photos will remove photos you have not used in a long time and try to keep the recently used photos ready for viewing.

photos using most of storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.