Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Load Videos and Photos errors since updating to iOS16

My iPad automatically updated to iOS16.2 a couple days ago. I now find that NONE of my Photos will load. I just get an error message. I have plenty of storage space, and I’m on a wifi network. I’ve tried a number of fixes suggested online (hard reset, favoriting/un-favoriting, etc) in posts about this problem going back a couple of years, but nothing has worked. Since the problem appeared right after an update, naturally I’m a little suspicious. The library is fine on iCloud on my MacBook, but I’m having the same issues on my iPhone, which is on 15.7.2.

One suggestion I haven’t tried is to delete my entire Photos library from the devices and then reinstall it. That’s over 30,000 files, and I don’t know how long that would take. I also don’t want to download the full resolution version of all of those. I just want to be able to get the full file when I need it, which at the moment is impossible on either device.

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 10:04 PM

BethanyfromMe Said:

"See screenshot. I was able to attach the screenshot, maybe because I just took it and it’s stored on the iPad and not uploaded to the cloud yet. Both devices have been set to enable icloud photos all along."

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Resolution Being the Culprit:

What exactly did you take these photos from? The photos are apparently high-resolution. An iPad is not made to handle high-resolution. That's problem the reason for all of this.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 10:04 PM in response to BethanyfromMe

BethanyfromMe Said:

"See screenshot. I was able to attach the screenshot, maybe because I just took it and it’s stored on the iPad and not uploaded to the cloud yet. Both devices have been set to enable icloud photos all along."

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Resolution Being the Culprit:

What exactly did you take these photos from? The photos are apparently high-resolution. An iPad is not made to handle high-resolution. That's problem the reason for all of this.

Jan 19, 2023 9:27 PM in response to BethanyfromMe

BethanyfromMe Said:

"Unable to Load Videos and Photos errors since updating to iOS16"

-------

Q1. "I just get an error message."

A1. Screenshot: Please provide a screenshot of this error. IMPORTANT: Block out personal info(i.e. names and email addresses) from it by covering it with red rectangles through use of the photos app. Go Here: Take a screenshot on your iPad - Apple Support

Q2. "My iPad automatically updated to iOS16.2 a couple days ago. I now find that NONE of my Photos will load"

A2. Sync Through iCloud:

Enable Photos in iCloud on both devices. Photos will be accessible between the two.

Accessing Photos:

I. On an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Enable: iCloud Photos

II. On a Mac:

Access from iCloud, Manually:

1. Go To: icloud.com
  2. Select: Photos
  3. Download: the Photos

Jan 19, 2023 10:12 PM in response to BethanyfromMe

Looks like I might have stumbled on a solution. When I went to double-check the iCloud syncing on the iPad, iCloud was greyed out until I accepted the terms and conditions again. After doing that, the error messages have disappeared on most photos. I was still having the issue on the phone, and icloud wasn’t greyed out there. But after backing it up manually, the error messages seem to be gone. Thanks for your help!

Jan 19, 2023 10:34 PM in response to BethanyfromMe

BethanyfromMe Said:

"Unable to Load Videos and Photos errors since updating to iOS16: [...]When I went to double-check the iCloud syncing on the iPad, iCloud was greyed out until I accepted the terms and conditions again. After doing that, the error messages have disappeared on most photos. [...]Thanks for your help!"

-------

You are welcome.

👍 Excellent Job Troubleshooting

Jan 19, 2023 10:37 PM in response to TheLittles

Some were from my old SE phone, and some from the iPad (which has a better camera than the phone). I never had any issues like this in the past, regardless of which device I used and viewed them on. I think in this case it must have been a syncing problem resulting from my not having accepted the Terms & Conditions right away after the upgrade. Seems to be ok now!

Unable to Load Videos and Photos errors since updating to iOS16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.