Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t see Apple tv+ video catalog

I have a paid subscription but can only see my library. Not the catalog of movies and shows. Not sure how I got there. Has anyone any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 12:51 PM

The TV app on iPhone or iPad needs internet access, to show anything other than the local library.

• Through Wi-Fi, the TV app should have regular internet access.
  • On cellular, the TV app would need extra permission to use cellular data. Settings﹥Cellular﹥[scroll down to apps list] TV app﹥

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 12:51 PM in response to Kenny Jackson

The TV app on iPhone or iPad needs internet access, to show anything other than the local library.

• Through Wi-Fi, the TV app should have regular internet access.
  • On cellular, the TV app would need extra permission to use cellular data. Settings﹥Cellular﹥[scroll down to apps list] TV app﹥

Jan 20, 2023 3:37 AM in response to Kenny Jackson

On what device do you have the Apple TV app, or are you trying to watch it?

The Apple TV+ subscription service gives you access to the Apple TV+ catalog of movies and TV shows, also known as Apple Originals — content that is not available elsewhere.

About Apple TV+ - Apple

Apple Originals - Apple TV+ Press

List of Apple TV+ original programming (episodic/series) - Wikipedia

List of Apple TV+ original films - Wikipedia

This is different from the iTunes Store catalog of movies and TV shows. The content there is for buy or rent. This content would show in the Store tab of the Apple TV app, and the purchased items from there would show in the Library tab of the Apple TV app.

Additionally, some third party devices get the full Apple TV app (Apple TV+, iTunes Store, in-app Channels), and some other third party devices get the Apple TV+ app (just Apple TV+ content).

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

On the website tv.apple.com, users may get access to Apple TV+, but not the other streaming services.

Can’t see Apple tv+ video catalog

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.