You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound driver on my MacBook is not showing

PLEASE someone should help me out, please the sound driver on my MacBook is not showing. mine is there is not an option in the preference to even choose

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 4:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 7:41 PM

martei128 Said:

"Sound driver on my MacBook is not showing: PLEASE someone should help me out, please the sound driver on my MacBook is not showing. mine is there is not an option in the preference to even choose"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Drivers:

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more. When reinstalling missing data would be reinstalled, and reloaded items would be placed back to where they should be.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2023 7:41 PM in response to martei128

martei128 Said:

"Sound driver on my MacBook is not showing: PLEASE someone should help me out, please the sound driver on my MacBook is not showing. mine is there is not an option in the preference to even choose"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Drivers:

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more. When reinstalling missing data would be reinstalled, and reloaded items would be placed back to where they should be.

Jan 21, 2023 7:16 PM in response to martei128

Please keep in mind Apple is not here on these forums. We are just other regular users such as yourself volunteering our time to help others. If you want someone from Apple to assist you, then you will need to click on the "Support" link at the very top right of the page and navigate the support site until you get an option to chat, email, or call Apple for assistance.

What is the exact model of your Mac and version of macOS? You can get this information by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac".

I don't quite understand your exact issue. Do you mean you don't have sound on the laptop and you don't see the laptop's internal speakers in the Sound "Output" section of the System Preferences/Settings? If you use headphones, do you get audio?

Or do you mean that you installed some third party audio software requiring a system driver? If so, then details on this software and any hardware that may be associated with it are useful information and where you are looking when you don't see the audio driver.

Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question - Apple Community

Sound driver on my MacBook is not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.