Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment Information Will Not Update

Every so often my device tells me i need to update my payment information. When i enter in the credit card details, it always says it's invalid or it cant be up dated, etc. I checked to make sure the numbers, expiration date and security code were all correct and there is money on the card so why is it not updating? Because of this, i cannot download apps. Whenever i try to download an app it says to update payment information and when i do so it never goes through. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 7:29 PM

You might call and ask the bank what it sees on its end because the payment method is tested by the system when you enter the info, it attempts a small authorization hold of a few dollars and it may be being denied by the bank.

Or barring that, speak directly to Apple to ensure no issues with a previous purchase.

1-800-MY-APPLE

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 7:29 PM in response to evelynn226

You might call and ask the bank what it sees on its end because the payment method is tested by the system when you enter the info, it attempts a small authorization hold of a few dollars and it may be being denied by the bank.

Or barring that, speak directly to Apple to ensure no issues with a previous purchase.

1-800-MY-APPLE

Jan 20, 2023 2:42 PM in response to evelynn226

When you state that there is money on the card, is this a prepaid debit card that you bought from a store?

Or is this a card that was issued by a bank?

Apple often doesn't accept prepaid debit cards.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.1; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.2; HomePods, audioOS 16.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Payment Information Will Not Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.