Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LogicProX crashes on opening a project

how to diagnose a problem with LogicProX crashing on opening a specific project

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 5:46 AM

An additional point worth mentioning in case others have a similar problem is that it isn’t obvious how to switch core audio back on again. Settings/audio gets you to the right menu but shows core audio enabled even though it isn’t so you have to disable it, close the window, reopen it and enable it again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 5:46 AM in response to mikefromdronfield

An additional point worth mentioning in case others have a similar problem is that it isn’t obvious how to switch core audio back on again. Settings/audio gets you to the right menu but shows core audio enabled even though it isn’t so you have to disable it, close the window, reopen it and enable it again.

Jan 20, 2023 10:27 AM in response to mikefromdronfield

In most cases its because of incompatible plugins.

Create a backup of your project.

Quit Logic, and restart Logic with control-key pressed. This disables core audio. You can now search for the culprit by disabling or deleting plugins in your project. Start with the most suspicious. If it is a big project with many plugin, I would do this in groups. Save your project, quit and re-open logic without control-key pressed. Coninue untill you've found the culprit.

Use startup modifier keys with Logic Pro - Apple Support

Jan 21, 2023 1:12 AM in response to yoyoBen

Many thanks - that worked. The problem was a ROLI plugin Dimensional Rhodes 1.

changing to a LogicProX instrument proved ok as did a different ROLI plug-in Smoky Rhodes. I will report this to ROLI.

for the record I am using MacBook Pro running on the M1 chip with Ventura 13.1 and LogicPro X 10.7.6. I create with a mixture of LogicProX instruments and ROLI and PianoTeq 8 plugins. Rarely have difficulties with PianoTeq and only occasionally with ROLI. Interestingly my colleague with whom I share music files can usually open them even if I can’t and sometime if he resaves i can then open problematic projects. His setup is almost identical to mine but is running on MacBook Air again with M1 chip.

LogicProX crashes on opening a project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.