Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAIL SEARCH NOT WORKING

I upgraded to Mac Ventura, now the search function in mail is not working properly. I have tested it numerous times and it can not find all emails from a particular client. anyone else having this issue? I enter the search mode and it may bring up one email and I can see multiple ones in my inbox. Sometimes it says 0 found and I know there are multiple emails there.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 11:58 AM

butchch wrote:

Yes, I just installed it yesterday, I am on 13.1

Have yo shut down and restarted more than once since you upgraded... this I would advise.

If no resolve simply rebuild the Spotlight index—

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Verify >System Settings>Spotlight >Settings includes your Mail...

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 11:58 AM in response to butchch

butchch wrote:

Yes, I just installed it yesterday, I am on 13.1

Have yo shut down and restarted more than once since you upgraded... this I would advise.

If no resolve simply rebuild the Spotlight index—

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Verify >System Settings>Spotlight >Settings includes your Mail...

Jan 20, 2023 11:27 AM in response to butchch

butchch wrote:

I upgraded to Mac Ventura, now the search function in mail is not working properly. I have tested it numerous times and it can not find all emails from a particular client. anyone else having this issue? I enter the search mode and it may bring up one email and I can see multiple ones in my inbox. Sometimes it says 0 found and I know there are multiple emails there.

?

Can you verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.1

MAIL SEARCH NOT WORKING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.