Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch / iPhone alarms

Hi, I normally put my iPhone on the other side of the room to help me get up in the mornings when the alarm goes off. Since getting an Apple Watch though the alarm goes off on the watch and not on the phone if I’m wearing the watch to bed. How do I get the alarm to go off on my phone despite wearing the watch to bed? (I like the sleep tracking facility you see.)

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 3:26 PM

Hello adnanbaig601,

If you wear you Apple Watch to bed, your iPhone will automatically wake you up with an Alarm on your Apple Watch. There is no way to directly change this in your Sleep settings, but there is a way to set a separate Alarm that will only go off on your iPhone.

My suggestion would be to first turn off your Alarm in the Sleep Focus on your iPhone. Then, you can set an Alarm on your iPhone in place of the Sleep Alarm:

Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone - Apple Support

• Go to the Health app on your iPhone and click Browse at the bottom of your screen; then select Sleep.
  • In Next, tap Edit under your sleep schedule.
  • Turn off your Alarm by selecting the slider under your schedule.
  • Select Done to save the changes.

Now, set up the Alarm on your iPhone:

How to set and change alarms on your iPhone - Apple Support

• Go to the Clock app on your iPhone.
  • Select Alarm at the bottom of your screen.
  • Select the + icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
  • Add and edit this Alarm and then select Save.

Let me know if you need any more help! Have a nice day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 3:26 PM in response to adnanbaig601

Hello adnanbaig601,

If you wear you Apple Watch to bed, your iPhone will automatically wake you up with an Alarm on your Apple Watch. There is no way to directly change this in your Sleep settings, but there is a way to set a separate Alarm that will only go off on your iPhone.

My suggestion would be to first turn off your Alarm in the Sleep Focus on your iPhone. Then, you can set an Alarm on your iPhone in place of the Sleep Alarm:

Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone - Apple Support

• Go to the Health app on your iPhone and click Browse at the bottom of your screen; then select Sleep.
  • In Next, tap Edit under your sleep schedule.
  • Turn off your Alarm by selecting the slider under your schedule.
  • Select Done to save the changes.

Now, set up the Alarm on your iPhone:

How to set and change alarms on your iPhone - Apple Support

• Go to the Clock app on your iPhone.
  • Select Alarm at the bottom of your screen.
  • Select the + icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
  • Add and edit this Alarm and then select Save.

Let me know if you need any more help! Have a nice day.

Apple watch / iPhone alarms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.