Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing main user

If I no longer live with the main default, user on my Apple TV, and was to remove them off of the account because I updated the Apple TV and I can’t sign in with my phone; Will everything be lost or will I just become the main user if I’m the only other user?

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 8:37 AM

You can sign out for the user that is no longer using this box. Then one of the other users will be the active user. Check through Control Center, where one user will have the green mark.

Not sure about being a “Default User” in the sense of the total of Users and Accounts settings on that device. Verify in Settings﹥Users and Accounts﹥, and edit as necessary.

Note that apps stay registered with the Apple ID account as active when installing, even if they no longer have a registered account on the device. To remove that app-account link (as needed for app updates), delete and reinstall those apps.

Else reset and start over with a clean slate.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 8:37 AM in response to Gigiog

You can sign out for the user that is no longer using this box. Then one of the other users will be the active user. Check through Control Center, where one user will have the green mark.

Not sure about being a “Default User” in the sense of the total of Users and Accounts settings on that device. Verify in Settings﹥Users and Accounts﹥, and edit as necessary.

Note that apps stay registered with the Apple ID account as active when installing, even if they no longer have a registered account on the device. To remove that app-account link (as needed for app updates), delete and reinstall those apps.

Else reset and start over with a clean slate.

Removing main user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.