Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone

im trying to transfer the service from my iPhone 8 Plus to my new iPhone 11 Pro. It’s telling me to use eSIM but won’t give me a QR code

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 2:57 AM

You will have to contact your carrier to ensure that the carrier sends you the QR code to install and activate the eSIM.

Why don’t you simply transfer the physical SIM from your iPhone 8 Plus to your new iPhone 11 Pro to start with? This will transfer the active cellular service with that physical SIM to your new iPhone. You can always contact your carrier to convert to an eSIM later after your iPhone has been setup.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 2:57 AM in response to C_o_d_y

You will have to contact your carrier to ensure that the carrier sends you the QR code to install and activate the eSIM.

Why don’t you simply transfer the physical SIM from your iPhone 8 Plus to your new iPhone 11 Pro to start with? This will transfer the active cellular service with that physical SIM to your new iPhone. You can always contact your carrier to convert to an eSIM later after your iPhone has been setup.

Axel F.

New phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.