Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Backlight Not Working

My MacBook Pro's KeyBoard Backlight Is Not Working.Whenever I Press the KeyBoard Backlight Key It shows this:

Plz help Me

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 5:04 AM

paramjeet17 wrote:

My MacBook Pro's KeyBoard Backlight Is Not Working.Whenever I Press the KeyBoard Backlight Key It shows this:
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/e35f2561-b355-47a8-a535-76021f9445f2
Plz help Me

What happens if you cover the Facetime camera/light sensor area with the palm of your hand, as a test...?

If the ambient room light is bright enough, it can turn off the keyboard backlight.

Verify you have "brightness in low light" turned OFF if you want full manual control and compare your results.

There are a few setting to look at as well—

>System Settings>Keyboard

ref:

Turn your Mac keyboard's backlighting on or off - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 5:04 AM in response to paramjeet17

paramjeet17 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/e35f2561-b355-47a8-a535-76021f9445f2
Plz help Me

What happens if you cover the Facetime camera/light sensor area with the palm of your hand, as a test...?

If the ambient room light is bright enough, it can turn off the keyboard backlight.

Verify you have "brightness in low light" turned OFF if you want full manual control and compare your results.

There are a few setting to look at as well—

>System Settings>Keyboard

ref:

Turn your Mac keyboard's backlighting on or off - Apple Support

Keyboard Backlight Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.