Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need a reply asap

If I trade a device for another device can I sell the the device I got for back to apple for what the device is priced at

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 5:40 AM

You can verify eligibility for trade-in - and an estimated value - here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

You should note that trade-in values are substantially less than the original retail cost. As such, have no expectation of recovering your original outlay.

If you trade-in a device against the purchase price of a new device to reduce the purchase price that you pay - and you subsequently return the new item for refund - the refund will match both the value paid and the payment method used.

As such, if you paid the balance by credit card, you will receive a refund directly to the credit card of the value that you paid - and may receive an Apple Gift Card for the value of the item that you traded-in.

You will not receive a payment that exceeds what you paid; you cannot “play the system” to increase the value of the refund.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 5:40 AM in response to Westfest

You can verify eligibility for trade-in - and an estimated value - here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

You should note that trade-in values are substantially less than the original retail cost. As such, have no expectation of recovering your original outlay.

If you trade-in a device against the purchase price of a new device to reduce the purchase price that you pay - and you subsequently return the new item for refund - the refund will match both the value paid and the payment method used.

As such, if you paid the balance by credit card, you will receive a refund directly to the credit card of the value that you paid - and may receive an Apple Gift Card for the value of the item that you traded-in.

You will not receive a payment that exceeds what you paid; you cannot “play the system” to increase the value of the refund.

Need a reply asap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.