Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I make a 3 way video FaceTime call on my iPad mini 2 with OS 12.5.6? It seems to work with Audio only?

I can do a two way video FaceTime call, but when I add a third person Facetime goes to audio only.

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 5:43 AM

To use Group FaceTime video calls, you need iOS 12.1.4 or later, or iPadOS on one of these devices: iPhone 6s or later, iPad Pro or later, iPad Air 2 or later, iPad mini 4 or later, iPad (5th generation) or later, or iPod touch (7th generation). Earlier models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that support iOS 12.1.4 (such as your iPad mini2) can join Group FaceTime calls as audio participants.

More information can be found in this Apple support page:

Use Group FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 5:43 AM in response to TLS221

To use Group FaceTime video calls, you need iOS 12.1.4 or later, or iPadOS on one of these devices: iPhone 6s or later, iPad Pro or later, iPad Air 2 or later, iPad mini 4 or later, iPad (5th generation) or later, or iPod touch (7th generation). Earlier models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that support iOS 12.1.4 (such as your iPad mini2) can join Group FaceTime calls as audio participants.

More information can be found in this Apple support page:

Use Group FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Can I make a 3 way video FaceTime call on my iPad mini 2 with OS 12.5.6? It seems to work with Audio only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.