Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgotten notes password

I made a really bad password for my notes in 2018, and I don't remember the password to my note that contains all my passwords. Is there a way I can ever get into this note again?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 8:17 AM

Click on this link to read about locked notes --> How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Unfortunately since these pre-date iOS16 you will have to know that passcode or you cannot get access to the notes. To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your notes password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new notes password or use your device passcode instead, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. If you set a new notes password or switch to your device passcode, you can protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

Beginning in iOS 16, you have two options to lock your notes. You can lock notes with your iPhone passcode. Or, you can create a unique password only for Notes.

If you use your iPhone passcode, you don't have to create and remember a separate password. If you access your iCloud notes on more than one Apple device, use the passcode or login password for that device to unlock those notes.

If you use a unique password for Notes, there is no way to access your locked notes if you forget the password. If you forget this password, you can reset your notes password and use your new password to lock other notes. If you access your iCloud notes on more than one Apple device, use the same notes password to lock and unlock all of them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 8:17 AM in response to samanthaa9998

Click on this link to read about locked notes --> How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Unfortunately since these pre-date iOS16 you will have to know that passcode or you cannot get access to the notes. To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your notes password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new notes password or use your device passcode instead, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. If you set a new notes password or switch to your device passcode, you can protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

Beginning in iOS 16, you have two options to lock your notes. You can lock notes with your iPhone passcode. Or, you can create a unique password only for Notes.

If you use your iPhone passcode, you don't have to create and remember a separate password. If you access your iCloud notes on more than one Apple device, use the passcode or login password for that device to unlock those notes.

If you use a unique password for Notes, there is no way to access your locked notes if you forget the password. If you forget this password, you can reset your notes password and use your new password to lock other notes. If you access your iCloud notes on more than one Apple device, use the same notes password to lock and unlock all of them.

forgotten notes password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.