Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer all my phone data to my computer so I can free up phone storage issues and save everything on my phone without having to delete a single thing

I am not to text sauve and working on my literacy. I don’t understand if I have my iCloud storage on does that mean all my photos and videos and notes are saved? That means I can delete the originals on my phone and it’ll already be in my iCloud storage? If someone can help me understand this I’d appreciate it. As I’m trying to free up iPhone storage so I can use the basics of my phone. But I don’t know how to transfer these things to my computer. Can you help please and thank you in advance

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 9:19 AM

If you delete Photos & Videos from the iPhone the same is deleted on iCloud Photos too. So...

1. Microsoft support says --> Import photos and videos from an iPhone to PC
  2. Import to your Mac --> Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...
    1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac with a USB cable.
    2. Open the Photos app on your computer.
    3. The Photos app shows an Import screen with all the photos and videos that are on your connected device. ... 
    4. If asked, unlock your iOS or iPadOS device using your passcode.
  3. Upload to iCloud Drive (Not iCloud Photos) using the Files App.

Now, you can safely delete from the iPhone as you have the Photos/Videos on iCloud Drive and your Mac/PC

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 9:19 AM in response to Fncyfce17

If you delete Photos & Videos from the iPhone the same is deleted on iCloud Photos too. So...

1. Microsoft support says --> Import photos and videos from an iPhone to PC
  2. Import to your Mac --> Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...
    1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac with a USB cable.
    2. Open the Photos app on your computer.
    3. The Photos app shows an Import screen with all the photos and videos that are on your connected device. ... 
    4. If asked, unlock your iOS or iPadOS device using your passcode.
  3. Upload to iCloud Drive (Not iCloud Photos) using the Files App.

Now, you can safely delete from the iPhone as you have the Photos/Videos on iCloud Drive and your Mac/PC

How to transfer all my phone data to my computer so I can free up phone storage issues and save everything on my phone without having to delete a single thing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.