Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to log into my normal iCloud/ ID account

I have bought a school iPad when I got into middelschool (this iPad was recommended by the school) when I got the iPad. We got accounts and such from my school, but since I have moved (it has been almost 2 years since I have gotten the iPad and almost a year since I moved) but I want to log into my normal iCloud/ ID account instead of my old schools. When I was really young, I had a iPhone with 16gb and I don’t know how ICloud storage works and such so I think I had like 16gb, but for some reason I have like 16gb iCloud storage on that account because of that phone. I used my email (which I still use) for that phone, and when I want to like export my photo’s from this iCloud (school account) to my ‘first’ (old phone account/ my email account) iCloud with just 16gb or something. I doesn’t work. I don’t have any other apple devices and I don’t want to lose my photos or notes. My question is. How do I export my photo’s from my school account to my Apple account which only has 16gb when I have over 60gb iCloud storage full on my school account? And why do I only have 16gb on my email / old phone account? How does icloud work? Do I HAVE to pay, just so that I can keep my photo’s, video’s and notes? Do I need to buy a whole new iPad just for my photos, videos and notes? How come my school account has 200gb iCloud storage even though the iPad itself only has 32gb? Did my school pay iCloud+? What do I do? I’m still not logged out of the school account, because I don’t want to lose all my photos, videos and notes. I can’t just send over 1k photo’s and video’s via an app to my sis. If I do that, it will take really long and all the photos and videos will lose their quality. When I moved, I also moved from my friend. I still have a lot of photos of them. I can’t just let that go. I’m also an editor. I edit video’s, that takes my hours to make. Or all my notes, I have a lot of lists, like all the series I have watched, or stories. Do I lose them all? I don’t want that. What do I do? Im sorry if you don’t understand everything. I can try to explain better. Goodbye.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 9:13 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 23, 2023 6:45 PM in response to SofiaZhou

Hey there SofiaZhou,

iCloud will automatically give you 5GB of storage for free. If you need to store more data over the given 5GB amount, you'll need to either increase the storage or manage the current storage in iCloud.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

If you want to sign out of iCloud with your school account, use the steps below, but read over the first section "What happens when you sign out of iCloud on your device" Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings, then tap your name. 
2. Scroll down to the bottom.
3. Tap Sign Out.
4. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off. Forgot your Apple ID password
5. Turn on the data that you want to keep a copy of on your device.
6. Tap Sign Out.
7. Tap Sign Out again to confirm that you want to sign out of iCloud.

Once you've signed out, sign back in with the Apple ID you want to use.

If you have content in iCloud you need to save from the school account, you can do use by using the steps here: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Take care!

I want to log into my normal iCloud/ ID account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.