Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Couldn't complete verification update after a new software update has been downloaded.

Hello. I’ll be happy and relieved if my question is answered. I already downloaded the new update,but when I tried to install the update,the verification couldn’t be completed. It keeps popping “you’re no longer connected to the internet”. I already used same internet connection to download the software update. This has happened two to three times now preventing me from completing the update.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 6:24 PM

Hello Olushola447,

The best steps to take when your iPhone can't verify your update can be found here: If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

Specifically, review the section labeled "If you can't reach the update server or can't verify the update". If the issue persists you'll be guided to remove your update and try again.

"Remove and download the update again

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  2. Find the update in the list of apps.
  3. Tap the update, then tap Delete Update.
  4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest update."

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 6:24 PM in response to Olushola447

Hello Olushola447,

The best steps to take when your iPhone can't verify your update can be found here: If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

Specifically, review the section labeled "If you can't reach the update server or can't verify the update". If the issue persists you'll be guided to remove your update and try again.

"Remove and download the update again

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  2. Find the update in the list of apps.
  3. Tap the update, then tap Delete Update.
  4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest update."

Take care!

Couldn't complete verification update after a new software update has been downloaded.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.