Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confirm Passcode

Just had a request in settings to confirm my passcode to continue using icloud. I have not recently changed my passcode. Is this a legitimate request or is someone trying to hack my phone?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 1:42 PM

1 reply

Jan 24, 2023 7:25 AM in response to debssadiejane

Hello debssadiejane,

We can understand wanting to make sure the messages and prompts you’re seeing are actually coming from Apple. Apple does offer some guidance to help you with determining this. 

Start here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support. This page offers tips to help avoid scams and other phishing attempts. 

Apple’s Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support is another great resource. It give information on how to keep your information safe, along with precautions you can take to check to make sure all your devices and Apple ID information are secure. 

We hope this information helps you out. If you have any other questions about the message you're seeing, you may want to reach out to Apple directly to further discuss the message you see. You can reach out to them by clicking here: Contact - Official Apple Support or over the phone by calling the number that is most local to your region: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

Kind regards!

Confirm Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.