You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail ‘sent’ not showing sent emails

When I write an email on my gmail using the ‘mail’ app on my iPad and my iPhone, the message I just sent does not show up anywhere: not in the ‘sent’ box, nor ‘outbox’, nor in the ‘drafts.’ And, it no longer shows up at the end of a string of messages if I’m responding to someone. This just started: I’ve made no changes to settings.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 10:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 3:54 AM

Probably you are looking at Outlook or Gmail which does not have Mail box behaviour for Sent items. But iCloud, Yahoo and AOL has this option under advance Settings.

Open a web browser and open gmail > Settings (Cogged Wheel) right hand side > Settings > Label > Sent

Show in IMAP should be ticked.

Watch the GIF for Gmail

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2023 3:54 AM in response to Rotorhead27

Probably you are looking at Outlook or Gmail which does not have Mail box behaviour for Sent items. But iCloud, Yahoo and AOL has this option under advance Settings.

Open a web browser and open gmail > Settings (Cogged Wheel) right hand side > Settings > Label > Sent

Show in IMAP should be ticked.

Watch the GIF for Gmail

Gmail ‘sent’ not showing sent emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.