Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app keep crushing

Hi,

I have had this problem for very long now, maybe if I am not wrong, since I updated the OS to Monterei.

The app works fine, but when it's time to close it, it doesn't respond anymore and the only way to close it's with the "force quit".

I have the same problem on both my macbook pro.

Apple Music version: 1.2.5.7

MacOS: 12.6.2 (21G320)

Device(s): MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

I have tried to search in the community but unfortunately I didn't find anything that works for my case.

Stefano

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 7:51 AM

What happens if you hold down option as you open Music and create a new library? Will that then open and close without hanging? Do you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match? You could potentially export the old library as an XML file, then import that into a new empty one. This resets Date Added, but should otherwise bring over all of your content as is? Another thing you could do is right click on the current Music Library.musiclibrary package and click show package contents. Are there any hidden .tmp files inside? These can be a sign that something is interfering with the way Music updates the library, perhaps causing it to stall on exit.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 7:51 AM in response to StefanoCappelletti

What happens if you hold down option as you open Music and create a new library? Will that then open and close without hanging? Do you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match? You could potentially export the old library as an XML file, then import that into a new empty one. This resets Date Added, but should otherwise bring over all of your content as is? Another thing you could do is right click on the current Music Library.musiclibrary package and click show package contents. Are there any hidden .tmp files inside? These can be a sign that something is interfering with the way Music updates the library, perhaps causing it to stall on exit.

tt2

Music app keep crushing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.