Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off Podcast app notifications on Apple Watch?

In an effort to reduce non-critical notifications on my Apple Watch, I’ve been trying to turn off notifications for most apps. I don’t mind them coming to my iPhone, I just don’t want most apps tapping my wrist.

For most apps, it’s been a simple process. But the Podcast app does not offer any such controls (under Notifications in the Watch app).

How do I prevent Podcasts from notifying me on my watch, without turning notifications off completely – even on my iPhone?

(Sorry, screenshot in Swedish!)

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 5:38 AM

5 replies

Jan 27, 2023 7:52 AM in response to j_lundqvist

We appreciate you clarifying this for us, j_lundqvist,

If you don't see Podcasts as an app that you can customize your notifications for on your Apple Watch, you can mirror you iPhone as outlined here: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Customize your Apple Watch notification settings

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab. 
  2. Tap Notifications. 
  3. Tap an app to see its options. To use the same notification settings on apps that appear on both your Apple Watch and iPhone, tap Mirror my iPhone. Some apps allow you to customize your notifications. Tap Custom, then choose an option:
    • Allow Notifications: Notifications appear in Notification Center and your Apple Watch alerts you. 
    • Send to Notification Center: Notifications are sent directly to Notification Center without your Apple Watch alerting you.
    • Notifications Off: The app sends no notifications.
  1. If you customize an app's notifications, you can also group notifications from that app. Tap Notification grouping, then choose an option: Off, Automatically, or By App.

Some apps offer further customization, while others only let you turn off Apple Watch notifications completely. Scroll down to the Mirror iPhone Alerts From section and turn off the setting next to the app. 

Learn how to change audio settings for notifications. "

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jan 24, 2023 11:57 AM in response to j_lundqvist

Hi j_lundqvist,

Muting the notifications from your Apple Watch may be a useful option in this case. This article will walk you through the steps: Notifications on your Apple Watch.

How to mute or turn off an app's notifications on your Apple Watch

1. Touch and hold the top of the watch face. 
2. Wait for Notification Center to show, then swipe down.
3. Swipe left on the notification that you want to mute or turn off, then tap the More button .
4. Choose from the options that are available for that app. Depending on the app, you can mute notifications for the rest of the day, mute them for an hour, or turn them off completely.

You can turn on an app's notifications if you want to see them again:

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab. 
2. Tap Notifications.
3. Scroll down to the list of installed apps, then turn on the app that you want to receive notifications from.

Regards.

Jan 26, 2023 12:56 AM in response to MVegas21

Thank you – muting worked! I thought all notification handling was done through the Watch app on the iPhone. But, turning them off from the options of a delivered notification, as per your instructions, did indeed silence them.

However, how to I get them back if I ever want to revert? Your instructions say to turn them back on in the Watch app, but the Podcast app doesn't show up in the list of applications? See attached screenshot.

That was the reason for my initial question. If I had found it in the list, I would've turned off notifications there, to start with. :)

Turn off Podcast app notifications on Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.