Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t use shared Apple music from family plan

Hi,

My individual apple music was expired in Feb 2022. However I just joined my family plan but the shared subscription is not working for my account.

It shows I am part of family under my account, but when i clicked on playlist it shows “Cannot connect”. Or If i click “Start Listening” it shows that I need to subscribe and pay.

Not sure if something is wrong since apple tv and arcade work just fine.

Really your help.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 12:09 PM

Hi Sitawach,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to access your Apple Music Family Subscription on your iPhone.

To start, we'd suggest that you check with the family organizer to determine if they have shared purchases enabled on their device so that you can access their subscriptions as outlined here: Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple - Apple Support

"If you still can't share a subscription

After you set up Family Sharing, eligible subscriptions are automatically shared with your family members. If your family members can't access a subscription, here's what to do:

• If the subscription is an individual or student subscription, upgrade your subscription to a family plan
  • Subscriptions that aren't made by Apple, also called third-party subscriptions, might not be eligible to share. If a subscription is shareable, you see a Share with Family option when you go to Settings > [your name] > Subscriptions and tap the subscription."

If you're still unable to sign into Apple Music to enjoy the subscription, you can refresh your Media & Purchases settings by signing out, restarting your iPhone then sign back in again. You can go to Settings > [your name] > Media & Purchases > Sign Out. Once you've restarted your iPhone, you can follow the same path back to sign in to Media & Purchases and check your Apple Music app again.

If you're still unable to sign in, we'd suggest that you contact Apple directly to review your account with you. You can reach them here: Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 12:09 PM in response to Sitawach

Hi Sitawach,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to access your Apple Music Family Subscription on your iPhone.

To start, we'd suggest that you check with the family organizer to determine if they have shared purchases enabled on their device so that you can access their subscriptions as outlined here: Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple - Apple Support

"If you still can't share a subscription

After you set up Family Sharing, eligible subscriptions are automatically shared with your family members. If your family members can't access a subscription, here's what to do:

• If the subscription is an individual or student subscription, upgrade your subscription to a family plan
  • Subscriptions that aren't made by Apple, also called third-party subscriptions, might not be eligible to share. If a subscription is shareable, you see a Share with Family option when you go to Settings > [your name] > Subscriptions and tap the subscription."

If you're still unable to sign into Apple Music to enjoy the subscription, you can refresh your Media & Purchases settings by signing out, restarting your iPhone then sign back in again. You can go to Settings > [your name] > Media & Purchases > Sign Out. Once you've restarted your iPhone, you can follow the same path back to sign in to Media & Purchases and check your Apple Music app again.

If you're still unable to sign in, we'd suggest that you contact Apple directly to review your account with you. You can reach them here: Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Take care!

Can’t use shared Apple music from family plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.