Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sign in netflix error ATV-ui92

When I try to sign in to Netflix on Apple tv 3 I get the message ATV-ui92 Contacted Netflix several times and they saw I have to resolve the problem with Apple

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 3:48 PM

Hello mekkino,

Okay, so you're using a pre App Store model Apple TV. Thanks for clarifying.

You can check in Settings > General > About to make sure the device is currently activated. If you see a notification that says "Activation Failed", that can be causing a problem.

You'll also want to make sure this account is working somewhere else. Try going to the Netflix website for example, and make sure you can sign in to it there.

Aside from that, it looks like in the Netflix support article for this error, they recommend resetting all the settings. This can be found in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

Netflix Error ATV-ui92

If it's still not working, you'll want to contact Apple for assistance: Get Support

Cheers!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 3:48 PM in response to mekkino

Hello mekkino,

Okay, so you're using a pre App Store model Apple TV. Thanks for clarifying.

You can check in Settings > General > About to make sure the device is currently activated. If you see a notification that says "Activation Failed", that can be causing a problem.

You'll also want to make sure this account is working somewhere else. Try going to the Netflix website for example, and make sure you can sign in to it there.

Aside from that, it looks like in the Netflix support article for this error, they recommend resetting all the settings. This can be found in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

Netflix Error ATV-ui92

If it's still not working, you'll want to contact Apple for assistance: Get Support

Cheers!

Jan 24, 2023 12:35 PM in response to mekkino

Hello Mekkino,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see you have some questions about your Netflix not working as expected on your Apple TV. Have you tried deleting the application, and installing again, to see if that helps? Customize the Apple TV Home Screen

Also, make sure your Apple TV is updated, as that will ensure it has the most recent settings: Update your Apple TV

Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Jan 24, 2023 12:48 PM in response to Jmanna13

Thank you for your reply. My Apple TV is 3 gen. It is not possible to delete or update apps. Nor is it possible to download new apps. There is not even an app store as in later models. Only an iTunes store to rent content.

I believe these features are only available on later models (Apple TV 4).

I have updated my Apple TV and done a factory reset and set everything up from scratch. I actually have 2 Apple TV boxes and have the exact same problem on both.

I've also tried 2 other Netflix accounts in 2 other countries. Same problem. I've also tried registering with 2 different Apple IDs, one in the US and the other in Europe. No help.

Any other hints or ideas?

Best regards.

Jan 25, 2023 10:09 AM in response to mekkino

Hello Jaym_8,

Thank you for your input. I've tried all of your suggestions. My device is active and I've reset all settings. Netflix works on my laptop (Mac), iPhone and iPad. Only when I want to use it on Apple TV do I get problems.

Also it is not possible to cast Netflix using Airplay, on any device. Not my Mac, iPhone or iPad. I contacted Netflix regarding that issue and they said that Netflix was no longer allowing this.

I still think that the problem is with them, even though they keep passing this off as an Apple issue. Maybe it's time to quit Netflix.

Once again thank you for your efforts.

sign in netflix error ATV-ui92

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.