Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage stuck on verifying phone number

iMessage can't seem to verify my number, its the same with Facetime

All it says is verifying number, and as a result it doesn't work

Any help? or someone else getting this?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 8:12 AM

Thanks For your reply Sparks0829,

The information is very helpful, but I tried this already, it’s not working in my case… My mobile number isn’t verifying since 1 week… and I tried all the possible steps

2 replies

Jan 24, 2023 12:31 PM in response to anand0864

Hi there anand0864,

If you're unable to verify your phone number for Messages and FaceTime, you'll want to start by checking some of your device settings:

Check your device settings
1. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. 
2. If you're using an iPhone, you need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
3. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set correctly.

If you have an active SMS messaging plan and your settings are correct, try working through the remaining steps in this link to see if they resolve the issue for you: If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

If this behavior persists, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly for further assistance. They're best-equipped to take a closer look and provide some additional guidance. This link will help you get started: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

imessage stuck on verifying phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.