Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest update 16.2

I love reading books on my 2nd generation iPad.

After this update I may need to look into other reading options.

It is horrible now. At the bottom of a page are partial (large) illegible numbers/words.

The bookmark is atrocious. And, changing the schematics isn’t any help.

As stated in a previous post, I like to know how many pages left in a chapter. Not remaining in the book. I liked the bookmark in the upper right hand corner. Not a blur on the bottom.

I even went through settings and nothing I changed helped.

Will there be a fix to this messed up version? Or, is there a way to revert back to the previous update?.

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 5:54 PM

Gee, I see what you mean. That's pretty bad. I couldn't replicate it on mine so, really sorry, I have no useful suggestions. Could your iPad be too early a generation model to run the new books app? Sadly, I've never found a way to go back to an older iOS. I just updated my ipad (3rd gen Pro) to 16.3...wonder if that does anything?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 5:54 PM in response to A2539X

Gee, I see what you mean. That's pretty bad. I couldn't replicate it on mine so, really sorry, I have no useful suggestions. Could your iPad be too early a generation model to run the new books app? Sadly, I've never found a way to go back to an older iOS. I just updated my ipad (3rd gen Pro) to 16.3...wonder if that does anything?

Latest update 16.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.