Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in Apple TV setup screen (Apple ID Verification Code)

Hello. I just bought an Apple TV today, and I'm stuck in the Verification Code settings. I received the code on my iPhone, entered it, and the spinning wheel on the top right corner keeps turning and nothing happens ever. Now when I click "Didn't Get a Code?" button, nothing happens - I can no longer receive a code. I can't go back nor forward... I'm stuck on this screen. All information related to a hard reset involves going to the Settings menu on my Apple TV... I'm not there yet - I'm on the setup screen, and I don't know why I'm not getting a new code or how to start over. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 9:18 AM

OK, I've solved this. I'll reply in my own thread, so this can hopefully help other folks in the same situation.

1. From the screen I posted above, press and hold both "back" and "tv" buttons on the Apple TV Remote until Apple TV resets itself, then release both buttons.
  2. The setup starts again. I recommend that this time you select "Setup with iPhone" and you follow the instructions. You have to keep your iPhone/iPad close to Apple TV in order to connect both devices via Bluetooth.
  3. When both devices are paired, Apple TV will show a 4-digit code that you have to enter on your iPhone/iPad. This did work for me. From then on just follow all instructions and no further issues.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2023 9:18 AM in response to Bizarrebra

OK, I've solved this. I'll reply in my own thread, so this can hopefully help other folks in the same situation.

1. From the screen I posted above, press and hold both "back" and "tv" buttons on the Apple TV Remote until Apple TV resets itself, then release both buttons.
  2. The setup starts again. I recommend that this time you select "Setup with iPhone" and you follow the instructions. You have to keep your iPhone/iPad close to Apple TV in order to connect both devices via Bluetooth.
  3. When both devices are paired, Apple TV will show a 4-digit code that you have to enter on your iPhone/iPad. This did work for me. From then on just follow all instructions and no further issues.

Good luck.

Stuck in Apple TV setup screen (Apple ID Verification Code)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.