Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ultra watch dimming how do I keep it on ALL of the time?

I am trying to figure out how to make the watch NOT dim and be on all the time.

Right now it only brightens when I lift to look at at when I place my arm down it dims..

How do I make it so it doesn't dim when I am not looking at it?

Thanks

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 6:01 PM

You can't. And if you could, you'd find you have deplorable battery life on your watch. You can set up the watch to remain active and fully lit for 15 or 70 seconds, but not longer. Your watch is doing what it was designed to do and you cannot change this feature.

5 replies

Jan 22, 2023 8:35 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Thanks.

I wouldn't mind the 70 seconds but when I put my wrist down or even rotate my wrist it auto dims.. not fully lit.

I am not sure what settings should be on or off I guess.

Currently I have

I set the always on function to ON

I set the 70 seconds wake time.

What setting do I check to make sure it remains fully lit.. for those 70 seconds.. so it doesn't dim when I twist my wrist?

Jan 23, 2023 6:59 AM in response to luism60613

Yes, this is what the watch is designed to do. When you put your wrist down, even with 70 seconds selected, the watch will dim. If you have it set to 70 seconds, it will remain fully on for 70 seconds if you don't rotate your wrist and you keep the watch facing you the full 70 seconds.

There is no setting you're missing. And there is no way to change this behavior.

Ultra watch dimming how do I keep it on ALL of the time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.