You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini setup

I've just tried to set up a HomePod mini, and, not being at all new to Apple, seem to have won all the prizes. Setup failed -6753 thing. Invites to Home not sent. Invites not able to be accepted. Unable to add Apple TV as accessory. Siri voice setup repeating itself time and again even when it was already setup before. Intercom does not communicate with iPad (basic reason for purchase). Guess I should erase everything, box it and take it out again in six months when something might just be sorted out. Any better ideas? Or at least a pointer to a real, complete set of instructions on how to set up this so very non-Apple-worthy gadget? Can anyone let me know when Apple gets the installer sequence sorted please?

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 7:00 PM

3 replies

Feb 18, 2023 6:11 PM in response to Mgqcri

Hsve you managed to add the Apple TV to the home App? You’re not adding with the + button. It will add itself if signed into the same Apple ID you’re using in the Home App. Try to use the same Apple ID / iCloud account for everything. The Apple TV will work as a Home Hub following set up. See: Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support and follow all instructions

Try to ignore the prompts to use Siri or enable it then disable if you don’t want it by asking Siri on the device to “stop listening”.

Did you get the HomePod set up?

HomePod mini setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.