Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to change age of child. She set up her phone as an adult.

How do I change the age of my 11 year old daughter. She set up her phone as a 35 year old. She is in my Apple family, I changed her age, but she is still listed as an adult. This is a bug in apples system. Need to protect child. It was suggested to change her Apple ID with the correct age.

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 7:30 AM

How did you change the age exactly?

Where is she listed as an adult exactly?

There is no know bug. The only thing that defines anyone as a child is the Apple ID's birthdate. If you changed that, then it will be set to a child. click here ➜ Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If she's using your Apple ID, then she is essentially you, so of course she is an adult. She needs to have her own Apple ID, and the age is changed on her own Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 7:30 AM in response to rthenu

How did you change the age exactly?

Where is she listed as an adult exactly?

There is no know bug. The only thing that defines anyone as a child is the Apple ID's birthdate. If you changed that, then it will be set to a child. click here ➜ Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If she's using your Apple ID, then she is essentially you, so of course she is an adult. She needs to have her own Apple ID, and the age is changed on her own Apple ID.

Jan 27, 2023 3:29 PM in response to Phil0124

I will disagree 100% with you. Yes… it is a bug… confirmed with an Apple rep.

Daughter set up her phone and listed her age as an adult. We didn’t catch it till later.

I went into Apple ID with her credentials including her password and changed her age. She is 11 currently. She is listed in my iCloud family as an adult still after changing her age.

The problem now is I can not change / alter her phone from my phone. I always have to do it (physically) on her phone.

I need to access her phone remotely via my phone.

Need to change age of child. She set up her phone as an adult.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.