Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera iPhone 13 pro max

FaceTime and camera show only forward i.e. I cannot be seen on FaceTime or take a self photo

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 9:06 AM

Hi petey218,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like your front facing camera on your iPhone isn't working, correct?

If so, check out this resource which explains how to troubleshoot your iPhone camera: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

"Remove case, accessory, or film and test

1. Remove any case, accessory, or film that might block the camera or flash or that places a magnet near the camera.
  2. Test the camera by trying to take a photo.
  3. Test the LED flash:
    1. Try the flashlight in Control Center on your iPhone or Control Center on your iPad. On an iPhone X or later or an iPad, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
    2. Tap the Flashlight button Flashlight icon.

If the flash works only sometimes, open the Camera app and tap the flash button   to choose a different setting.

Contact Apple Support

If the camera or flash still isn't working properly, contact Apple Support to discuss service options."

We hope this helps you.

Take care!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 9:06 AM in response to petey218

Hi petey218,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like your front facing camera on your iPhone isn't working, correct?

If so, check out this resource which explains how to troubleshoot your iPhone camera: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

"Remove case, accessory, or film and test

1. Remove any case, accessory, or film that might block the camera or flash or that places a magnet near the camera.
  2. Test the camera by trying to take a photo.
  3. Test the LED flash:
    1. Try the flashlight in Control Center on your iPhone or Control Center on your iPad. On an iPhone X or later or an iPad, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
    2. Tap the Flashlight button Flashlight icon.

If the flash works only sometimes, open the Camera app and tap the flash button   to choose a different setting.

Contact Apple Support

If the camera or flash still isn't working properly, contact Apple Support to discuss service options."

We hope this helps you.

Take care!

Jan 27, 2023 8:39 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Thank you to those that helped to resolve my problem. Taking Jeff's advice I spent fair bit of time in contact with

Apple support who asked a lot of questions and in the end performed an analysis by Steffy wherever she was (USA)? and my iPhone finding that the fault was in the camera. As the iPhone is still under warranty it is being repaired. Steffy was able to advise the nearest official repairer just eight miles away for which I have an appointment on Monday.

Camera iPhone 13 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.