Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change names of family names that display on MY iPhone when using find my iphone

i've searched for this but i can only find how to change the name of my own phone. When i open find my iphone, my wife's phone is what i want to change. We share an apple id. how can i change her name that is displaying on MY phone?

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 10:24 AM

1. The name is set in the device's own Settings App, under General ➜ About ➜ Name. You cannot change it anywhere else.
  2. You should absolutely not share an Apple ID for any reason. Each person should have their own, as many things induing messages and calls can get mixed up.

1 reply

change names of family names that display on MY iPhone when using find my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.