Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will text message say "Delivered" if blocked on iPhone?

For weeks messages always go through blue and say delivered. No read receipts have ever been on. Has this friend blocked me. Other people who have blocked do not show the delivered message. I see mixed answers all over the internet.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 6:02 PM

The answer the other person gave you is not true. If iMessage shows "delivered" under the message you sent, you are not blocked. Some people have their read receipts status turned off, so that's never going to change to "read" if they have it turned off. If someone blocks you on iMessage, you will not see ANY status message under the last message you have sent to them, PERIOD! I don't know why people spread so much mis-information around on this on the internet.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2023 6:02 PM in response to meganobrien05

The answer the other person gave you is not true. If iMessage shows "delivered" under the message you sent, you are not blocked. Some people have their read receipts status turned off, so that's never going to change to "read" if they have it turned off. If someone blocks you on iMessage, you will not see ANY status message under the last message you have sent to them, PERIOD! I don't know why people spread so much mis-information around on this on the internet.

Mar 4, 2023 11:24 AM in response to meganobrien05

i tested this and got two different results. I was using two different iPhone an 8plus and 14 Pro, both up to date on iOS 16.3.1.

When the iPhone 14 Pro blocked the iPhone 8 Plus, all sent text messages showed delivered on the iPhone 8 Plus whether blocked or not.

However, when the iPhone 8 blocked the iPhone 14, when blocked all sent text messages had no notification under them. When unblocked the delivered notification was there.

A very small sample size. Maybe if others have different models to test we can get a better understanding. So it seems inconsistent, and I don’t know which phone is causing the difference.

Jan 23, 2023 7:41 PM in response to meganobrien05

Delivered means delivered.

If your message has been blocked, you will never know unless the recipient tells you you are blocked.

The only difference may be if their device was set up to send Read Receipts, if it suddenly just starts saying "Delivered" that means they either blocked you or they shut Read Receipts off.

Either way, you will not know unless they tell you.

Will text message say "Delivered" if blocked on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.