Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app not recording data

I thought I’d start using the Apple Health app to monitor my daily steps. However, for some reason the last data seems to be stuck in 2020 and nothing new is recorded since then. I don’t know how to make this work again.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 1:53 PM

1 reply

Jan 25, 2023 12:20 PM in response to esw23

Hi esw23,

If you haven't done so yet, restart your iPhone. Although simple, this step can help correct some unexpected issues. It's also a good idea to make sure your iPhone is running the latest iOS version, since this can help with overall performance: Update your iPhone or iPad. If an update is available, be sure to create a backup before installing it.

Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
The Settings app on iPhone showing options to update to iOS 15.7 or iOS 16.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

If the issue persists, reach out to Apple Support directly so they can look into this with you further. They can be contacted here: Contact Apple Support or by calling the most applicable phone number from this list: Contact Apple for support and service.

Regards.

Health app not recording data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.