Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to turn off custom Lock Screen option? IOS 16

Whenever I go to check my phone's lock screen, my phone often interprets my tap on my screen as a long hold and zooms out to display the new custom lock screen options. This is a pain for a number of reasons.

1. I am not trying to edit my home screen, most of the time I'm just checking the time or my notifications.
  2. It drains my battery. My screen doesn't lock again until the system option of 3 minutes, unlike the lock screen which will show for maybe 15 seconds. Any accidental taps on my screen when I'm not looking and my screen will be idly on for 3 minutes.
  3. It's just unnecessary. If I wanted to edit it, I would think it would be found in settings like the rest of the home and lock screen options.

Is there a way to turn this off? Stop it from happening? Put a different command to editing the lock screen?

Apple really does just shoot themselves in the foot every time they add an update.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 3:07 PM

No, you can't remove that option. But, you can always lock your phone immediately by pressing the power button before you put it down or put it back in your pocket.

You can also let Apple know your thoughts on the matter here:

Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply

Is there a way to turn off custom Lock Screen option? IOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.