Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auxiliary plays music but no phone call

In my car, I’m using a adapter from iPhone 11 to aux port and music works fine but phone call won’t come through the car speakers like the music. What am I missing?

iPhone 11, 16

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 2:09 AM

let me know if you find a solution.. this is driving me crazy!!

I have an iPhone 13. The most annoying part? It worked, then it updated and it doesn’t work anymore.. Siri and phone calls are the only things they refuse to go through the car speaker now.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 25, 2023 12:45 PM in response to thepez1951

Hello thepez1951,

We understand you are using the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter - Apple shown here.

How to connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your car goes over the best way to support options like making calls.

What may be occurring is that the 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter only plays sound like a speaker.

Try using speaker phone during the call as you'll need to use the iPhone microphone.

We hope this helps.

Cheers.

Auxiliary plays music but no phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.