Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't pair my iPhone remote to 2nd get AppleTV. I get the 4-dig code but I can't enter it into my AppleTV to pair them cuz I don't have a remote. Help?

Can't pair my iPhone remote to 2nd get AppleTV. I get the 4-dig code but I can't enter it into my AppleTV to pair them cuz I don't have a remote. Help?

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 8:23 AM

The Apple TV (2nd generation) (A1378) is not compatible with the software remote in Control Center on iPhone.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

The Apple TV Remote in Control Center works with Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Apple TV (3rd generation), and AirPlay 2-compatible smart TVs only.

For Apple TV (2nd generation), your remaining option is to get a replacement remote A1294. Apple doesn’t sell these anymore, but some other resellers may still have a few.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 8:23 AM in response to elmerfeld

The Apple TV (2nd generation) (A1378) is not compatible with the software remote in Control Center on iPhone.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

The Apple TV Remote in Control Center works with Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Apple TV (3rd generation), and AirPlay 2-compatible smart TVs only.

For Apple TV (2nd generation), your remaining option is to get a replacement remote A1294. Apple doesn’t sell these anymore, but some other resellers may still have a few.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.